Flex-metal® patented weight inserts are super
flexible, thin and flat. All the edges are fully rounded,
so there are no sharp or hard corners or bulges.
Each individual weight insert has a fabric shell to
allow it slide into the weight pockets.
Flex-metal® patented weight inserts are much
safer than any other weights and do not push into
your body. Metal bars can be extremely dangerous
if you fall and they move around during exercise.
Metal bars also block your movement and can not be
used comfortably for floor exercises. Shot and sand bags
although less dangerous move around and bulge out
causing localized high pressure areas which can chafe
and bruise, and are also not suitable for floor exercises.
Flex-metal® patented weight inserts are only ˝ inch
thick, 2 inches wide and 4 ˝ inches long. The inserts fit
into the patented internal stretch pockets of many of
IRONWEAR ™’s products including the Uni-Vest™,
Uni-Pants™, Under Vest™, Cool Vest™, Hand Irons™,
Ankle Irons™, Shoe Irons™ and Iron Belt™. Most
IRONWEAR ™ products are supplied with one weight
per pocket, but the pockets have been specially designed
to hold one or two weights securely.
IRONWEAR ™ has been supplying Flex-Metal® weight vests all over the world for over a decade. IRONWEAR ™ is the design and technology leader for weight vests.
IRONWEAR ™ produces Flex-Metal® in the United States and in Asia. IRONWEAR ™ incorporates high purity steel and polymers made in the USA as well.
A few years ago there were only a couple different types of weight vests, now more are available, including a number of vests which claim to be “Ironwear”, have soft weights and even “Flex-Metal”weights, or claim to be “Uni-Vests” using our trademarks and patents without a license to try to get you to buy their illegal imitations.
Imitation may be the most sincere form of flattery, but these imitations have been of terrible quality, quickly falling apart and the weights often dissolving, these companies have also been falsely selling and advertising weights as “Ironwear”. “Uni-Vest” and even “Flex-Metal”.
You as the customer need to beware!!!
Please contact us if you see or have purchased any imitations of our products so that we can take appropriate action.
Just so you know IRONWEAR ™ invented soft flexible weights and Flex-Metal™, the overlapping neoprene belt system, stretch belting to allow the user to breath, the stretch internal pocket system, the short and long sizes, the laminated nylon shell to name just a few items.
What you should know and you are not being told!!!
All weight vests are not the same and you do not necessary get what you pay for!!
Many of the weight vests are made with STEEL or LEAD BARS including Xvest™,Vmax™, ResistanceWear™ and many others.
Good things about steel and lead bars:
1. Steel and lead bars are cheap.
2. They are heavy.
Bad things about solid metal bars:
1. Exercising with metal bars against the body has the potential to be very dangerous and should be done with extreme care. If you fall or bump into some one the solid metal bars may cause you or another harm.
2. Solid metal bars do not conform to the shape of your body and can cause tissues damage when you move.
3. Solid metal bars can interfere with your movement, and because they do not flex they can block your ability to twist and bend.
4. When you walk quickly, run or jump the solid metal bars move up and down. This jarring motion can cause more harmful impact on the knees, shoulders and spine.
5. Vests made with solid metal bars tend to hike up the torso during many exercise like jumping rope or running. The wearer soon finds the vest has hiked up to his neck and is hitting his chin.
6. You can not do floor exercises such as sit-ups without the bars pressing into you.
7. Lead bars are by their nature toxic and must be handled with care and checked to make sure no lead is leaching out, coated lead can still leach out. Disposing of lead bars can also be difficult.
8. Vest made with solid metal bars must have the bars placed in a locations where you will not bump or press into them. For this reason they can not be positioned uniformly over the body.
Many vests are made with metal shot such as Valeo’s weight vest and many others.
Good things about metal shot.
1. It is cheap.
2. It is less dangerous than metal bars, so long as it is not lead shot.
Bad things about metal shot.
1. Metal shot settles at the bottom of the bags creating lumps in the vest.
2. Metal shot bounces in the bag when you move. The more you move the more the shot moves around, increasing the impact on your knees, shoulders and spine.
3. When you bend, the lumps press into your body and cause localized pressure. Metal shot does not bend with you, it resists your movement.
4. Floor exercises are often painful due to the lumps.
5. The movement of the metal shot also causes the vest to hike up in the same way as the metal bars.
6. The movement of the metal shot in the bag causes the bag to wear out quickly and leak.
7. Never buy vest that uses metal shot made of lead. As the lead moves against itself it creates lead dust, the dust passes through the fabric easily and this dust is very dangerous to you and especially children. See lead poisoning.
We challenge you to find better weights.
If you have any questions please call us between 8:30 and 4:30 Monday through Friday Eastern standard time. 800-630-2779